You’re invited to St. Mark’s if…
- We extend a special invitation to those who are single, married, divorced, widowed, gay, transgender, filthy rich, dirt poor, yo no hablo Ingles.
- We extend a special invitation to those who are crying new-borns, skinny as a rail or could afford to lose a few pounds.
- We invite you if you can sing like Andrea Bocelli or like our minister who can’t carry a note in a bucket.
- You’re invited to St. Mark’s if you’re “just browsing,” just woke up or just got out of jail.
- We don’t care if you’re more religious than the Pope, or haven’t been in church since little Joey’s Baptism.
- We extend a special invitation to those who are over 60 but not grown up yet, and to teenagers who are growing up too fast.
- We invite soccer moms, NASCAR dads, starving artists, tree-huggers, latte-sippers, vegetarians, junk-food eaters.
- We invite those who are in recovery or still addicted.
- We invite you if you’re having problems or you’re down in the dumps or if you don’t like “organized religion,” we’ve been there too.
- If you blew all your offering money at the dog track, you’re invited here.
- We offer a special invitation to those who think the earth is flat, work too hard, don’t work, can’t spell, or because grandma is in town and wants to go to church.
- We invite those who are inked, pierced or both.
- We offer a special invitation to those who could use a prayer right now, had religion shoved down your throat as a kid or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake.
- We invite tourists, seekers and doubters, bleeding hearts … and you!
Originally posted by “Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Community”