St. Mark’s Missions Projects 2015
- Community Christian Service Agency (CCSA): an emergency help center for Clairemont and Pacific Beach.
- METRO/The Good Neighbor Centers in Chollas View and Nestor: providing food, clothing and other support.
- The Vietnamese Ministry of Linda Vista UMC: providing assistance to those in need, including recent immigrants.
- Storefront: providing food, shelter, and support for homeless teens in San Diego.
- New Entra Casa: a halfway house for women ex-offenders.
- Neighborhood House, Calexico: serving those in need in the Imperial Valley.
- Sierra Service Project (SSP): high school age youth and young adults repairing homes in impoverished American Indian communities. 2015 will be the 14th consecutive year St. Mark’s has sent a team to SSP.
National and International
- Guatemala Project: building projects and mission assistance to the Mayan communities near Chichicastenango in the highlands of Guatemala.
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR): providing relief during disasters and crises, everywhere in the world.
- Joint Commission with Mexico: fostering a mutually supportive relationship with our neighboring churches in Mexico.
- Laura Wise, missionary to the Philippines.
In the news
Bishop practices pulpit politics – Feb. 11, 2015, San Diego Union Tribune
United Methodist Cal-Pac Bishop Minerva Carcano is featured in an article about faith-base immigration advocacy