St. Mark’s Missions Projects
- Community Christian Service Agency (CCSA): an emergency help center for Clairemont and Pacific Beach.
- Christ Ministry Center: providing shelter for asylum seekers and emergency relief for those in need.
- The Vietnamese Ministry of Linda Vista UMC: providing assistance to those in need, including recent immigrants.
- Youth Emergency Shelter aka “Storefront”: providing food, shelter, and support for homeless teens in San Diego.
- New Entra Casa: a halfway house for women ex-offenders.
- Neighborhood House, Calexico: serving those in need in the Imperial Valley.
- Sierra Service Project (SSP): high school age youth and young adults repairing homes in impoverished American Indian communities. 2015 will be the 14th consecutive year St. Mark’s has sent a team to SSP.
National and International
- Guatemala Project: building projects and mission assistance to the Mayan communities near Chichicastenango in the highlands of Guatemala.
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR): providing relief during disasters and crises, everywhere in the world.
- Joint Commission with Mexico: fostering a mutually supportive relationship with our neighboring churches in Mexico.
- Carmen Sheuerman, missionary to Davuilevu Theological College, Fiji.