Part Time at-will, non-exempt position
Hours: Approximately 2 hours per week, additional hours as needed for holidays
General Job Description
The Church Child Care Provider shall provide supervision and enrichment care to infants and toddlers whose parents or guardians are attending an event at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church.
Salary and Benefits
Hourly wage for this position is $15. Paid vacation after 12 months employment. Accrued sick leave based on hours worked.
Experience and Education
- Child care experience
- Able to pass Safe Gatherings background check and training
- Current Infant and Child CPR certificate
Responsibilities and Relationships
- Reports to Ministers and Lay Personnel Committee
- Works with Education Chairperson
- Available Sunday mornings from 9:15 – 11:15 AM
- Holidays include Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, 6:15 – 7:45pm
- Christmas Eve, 5:15 – 10 PM
- Additional times as necessary
- Principle Functions:
- Responsible for insuring essential coverage for children age 4 years and younger on Sundays and other required Church dates.
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Provide supervision in church play yards, maintaining ‘line of sight’ standards always
- Interacting with child in play, story, game, or other enrichment activity
- Maintain sign-in and sign-out forms on a weekly basis
- Follow Safe Gatherings guidelines for the safety of our children. Clear understanding of responsible boundaries is absolute
- Maintain required child to adult ratio, alerting appropriate church leadership when assistance is needed
- Good verbal communication skills
- Additional Items
- Maintain room by straightening toys and wiping down surfaces and toys with sanitary wipes as needed.
- Wear appropriate attire for church environment and childcare; no shorts or midriff shirts
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have child care experience
Physical Activities and Environmental Conditions
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Ability to get down and up from ground level
- Ability to communicate with parents regarding child’s individual needs
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church embraces the message of “Inspiring the world as passionate followers of Jesus Christ so all may experience God’s life-giving love.” This comes through many forms of communication, including personnel, print, and social media applications. Each staff member works together for this common message.
The responsibilities identified above are not intended to be all-inclusive. There are numerous tasks essential to the successful fulfillment of our mission in the name of Christ; therefore, an employee may be assigned other related projects by the Ministers, staff member, or the Staff Parish Relations Committee.